Monday, December 10, 2007

Just like that, a 60-inch base

Monarch Mountain was so dry a week ago that I had an editor leaning on me to do a story on the lack of snow. I balked because Murphy's law of journalism says as soon as the story is about to run, it will snow like crazy. Well... Monarch, which was closed due to lack of snow as of Thursday, had two 30+ inch days in a row. Now almost everything is open on the mountain. Every other ski area got hit this weekend too. Summit County got the least, with a few measly 7-inch days. Everything in the south got rocked.
I've got my fingers crossed for a two-foot dump in Colorado Springs Tuesday. That'll slow down the gunmen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you heard anyone say too much snow?

I was up there on Monday, had fun but the snow was too deep for the short runs.