Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Out with the Chiweenie

Dave stopped by a bit ago with Stanley, the mighty Chiweenie. They were headed out to hike a Happy Trails for an upcoming Out There section. Stanley's a good hiker.

Deputy news editor Carmen Boles says her Chihuahua, Teacup, is a good hiker too. I saw a Dachshund moving at a good clip at the top of the switchbacks on Barr Trail a week ago. Great hikers come in all shapes and sizes.

Make sure you take plenty of water for yourself and your hiking companions. And if you think of it. send us a photo for the blog.

This happy hiker among the penstemon was resting along the Mount Esther Trail a few weeks ago with Out There friend Zen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woof. That's Zirkel. He's named after the wilderness area near Steamboat where I proposed to my wife. Awww.

:0)

Dena Rosenberry said...

I would have expected nothing less!

But that is an awwwww moment. And a happy looking pup.

AndyW said...

That's a good idea for a name. Although I'd have to name my next dog "Threemile." Moving on...

Dave Philipps said...

Does anyone propose inside anymore? I proposed to my wife at the confluence of the Colorado and Green Rivers in Canyonlands.

Anonymous said...

You gotta propose outside, somewhere dramatic, where she's caught off guard, distracted by the spectacular scenery, overwhelmed by the beauty, where the real "you" is obscured by the sheer enormity of the creation.

Otherwise you're just some pathetic schlep with a ring who probably doesn't stand a chance. And you know it. :0)