Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Wasteland


An Associated Press story today says U.S. ski coach Phil McNichol is questioning whether Bode Miller should remain on the team after his comments on racing and drinking. Miller (at right, at Beaver Creek) , the overall World Cup champion known for his wild and crazy ways, told a "60 Minutes" interviewer that it's not easy "to ski when you're wasted." That's not the first time Miller has talked about drinking and skiing, and he has said that his statements don't mean that it will be the last time he does. I'm not in the same skiing universe as Miller, but I don't think being drunk would enhance my performance. Still, I see plenty of skiers relaxing at lunchtime with two or three (or more) beers, so it must work for some people. Let me know - do you think drinking and skiing mix? Do you do it? - Deb

No comments: