Friday, January 04, 2008

Great escapes for 2008

We ran out of space in Out There when we tried to list all the cool, seasonal outdoor adventures for 2008 (mainly because we kept coming up with too many mountain biking options) so I thought I'd list a few here:

Launch a (small) cliff in Monarch's Mirkwood Basin

Spot the sandhill cranes in Monte Vista


See the moon rise over the Anasazi observatory at Chimney Rock

Pond Skim on your skis or board at the end of the season

Mountain bike the Monarch Crest in August

Ski Loveland Pass


Hike Pikes Peak from the back side

What else?

1 comment:

UltraRob said...

Hike up Barr Trail to the top of Pikes Peak by moonlight in January of February. I've done it a few times leaving around 9PM and the moonlight reflecting off the snow has meant I've hardly had to use my headlamp. I've been just below tree line for an amazing sunrise. It's tough depending on snow conditions and cold so I wouldn't recommend it for the faint of heart.