Friday, June 01, 2007

Lighten up, eh?

If you're looking to lighten your load, it's worth talking to professionals at a local shop like Mountain Chalet, and even REI, for tips on where to cut back. I'm sure the folks at REI will be helpful. I KNOW the crew at Mountain Chalet will ask all the right questions to see about getting you some good gear. (I shop at both, btw.)

If you want to do some comparison surfing, here are some sites to check out:

www.golite.com

www.prolitegear.com

www.backpackinglight.com

www.litebackpacker.com

Do you have a piece of lightweight gear you think the rest of us should consider? Let us know.

1 comment:

natdalton said...

I just started backpacking this last summer and I definitely think I over pack. I tend to carry everything I think I will ever need from my hiking water filter to food. I am sure I could pack much lighter. I will have to check some of these links out. Thanks!