Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Still itching for winter...


I went running in downtown Colorado Springs Monday in shorts and a T shirt. All around me leaves were peeking out of buds, flowers were poking through garden duff, and robins were scouting for bugs. It's clearly spring, at least down here. But I'm still jonesing for winter. I don't feel as if I fully got my ski on.

So... I'm making a pledge to do a few more wintry things.

First: I'm skiing the Elk Mountain Traverse between Crested Butte and Aspen.
Second: I've vowed to ski my first fourteener this spring. I'm hoping for Quandary Peak (above), but I don't know if it will be skiable. Any other suggestions.
Third: I plan to do some May skiing at A Basin.

Hopefully spring won't come to fast and nix my plans.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to forget about getting your ski on and get your BBoy on. Seasons don't matter to a BBoy nor do locations. Note below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfq2Zwr0ABM

Christopher said...

Not only do I love a good non sequitur, but I totally agree. The public demands that Dave learns to breakdance - insofar as I represent "the public."

Dave Philipps said...

Oh snap!