We know that there are a lot of jet-ski fans out there. There are also a lot of people who prefer their waters calm and quiet.
For that contingent, Bluewater Network, a division of the environmental group Friends of the Earth, has released a list of the 10 best places to avoid jet skis in 2006.
The group is campaigning against jet ski use on waterways that are used for fishing, canoeing, swimming and wildlife viewing.
The 10 best jet-ski-free places:
1. Padre Island National Seashore in Texas (pictured)
2. Delaware Gap National Recreation Area in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
3. San Juan Islands in Washington
4. Biscayne National Park in Florida
5. San Francisco Bay Area in California
6. Kachemak Bay in Alaska
7. Upper Missouri Breaks National Monument in Montana
8. Cape Hatteras National Seashore in North Carolina
9. Lake Willoughby in Vermont
10. Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore in Indiana