Thursday, February 09, 2006
You don't have anything to do over the next couple of weeks, do you? Good. Check out all the ways you can obsess on the Olympic Winter Games:
- Watch TV. NBC and related networks will air 418 hours of coverage
- Go to Google. Video of previews, highlights and more.
- Go to gazette.com and check out your local team's coverage. Don't forget The Extra Milo - columnist Milo Bryant's blog from Italy.
- Go to ESPN.com. Click on Olympics and get the day's coverage.
- Get smart on about.com with everything about the Olympics.
- Dial up the iPod. Bob Costas will host a daily audio podcast through iTunes
- Call in. Most cell carriers will offer a mobile version of NBCOlympics.com.
- Text in. Text "Torino" to NBCTV, and you can get ringtones that include Olympic themes, national anthems or athlete playlists, and Olympic-theme wallpaper.
And if that's not enough, why not try a little ski racing yourself? (It involves getting out of the recliner.) Check next week's Out There and then head out to a NASTAR course.
(In case you were wondering, the little creatures pictured here are the official Olympics mascots - "Neve, a gentle, kind and elegant snowball," and "Gliz, a lively, playful ice cube.")
Posted by Dave Philipps at 3:07 PM